Thursday 12 July 2012

Tour of the Town

On Saturday, I spent the morning checking out the sites, then John joined me when he got home from work.  Here's some of the highlights of our day on the town in Buenos Aires (minus the bird poop story, since I already posted that):


Beautiful fountain on Av. 9 de Julio


The Obelisk



Changing of the Guard



Bookstore located in an old theatre with a restaurant on the converted stage



John at Recoleta Cemetary



Eva Peron's tomb (Evita)










This tomb really intrigued me. It has a skull with other designs, and the cross on top is draped with fabric.  I wonder what the significance of this tomb is and what the fabric on the cross symbolizes? 


Beautiful plants blooming in the middle of Argentinian winter.



This one belongs to a former president of Argentina. 


Famous Banyan Tree in Recoleta

Musican playing in the park by the flea market

Floralis Generica Monument



Later that night at the Women's Bridge in Puerto Madero.  Can someone explain to me why something
this phallic is called the Women's Bridge?



John and I on the Women's Bridge on our way to a well-deserved dinner at El Mirasol after
a busy day of sightseeing.

Buenas Noches!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting on my blog!